Wee Care Pediatrics is offering flu clinics this October. The dates and locations are:
- Thursday, October 20 – Midland – 4040 South Midland Drive Roy – 9a-5p
- Friday, October 21 – Layton – 2084 N. 1700 W. Layton – 9a-5p
- Saturday, October 22 –Layton – 2084 N. 1700 W. Layton – 10a-6p
- Friday, October 28 – Layton – 2084 N. 1700 W. Layton – 1p-7p
- Saturday, October 29 – Syracuse Office – 1792 W. 1700 S. – 2p-6p
Please contact our office at 801-773-8644 to schedule your flu shots!
The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat, and lungs. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The best way to prevent the flu is by getting a flu vaccine each year.
Note: CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) voted that live attenuated influenza vaccine (LAIV), also known as the “nasal spray” flu vaccine, should not be used during the 2016-2017 flu season. ACIP continues to recommend annual flu vaccination, with either the inactivated influenza vaccine (IIV) or recombinant influenza vaccine (RIV), for everyone 6 months and older. More info at the CDC website.